Recipe created by the talented woman behind Wellness with Taryn
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup dates – pitted
- 1 tsp organic cold pressed coconut oil – melted
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- Pinch of Himalayan rock salt
- 70g or 1/2 cup cashew nuts (soaked overnight)
- 2 tablesppons of coconut cream
- 4-6 TBS Organic Rice Malt Syrup
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla Paste
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
- Pinch of Himalayan Rock Salt
- 1 tsp agar Agar and 1/4 cup warm water) for setting
Coconut Mango CHIA layer
- 3/4 bottle of coconut water and mango CHIA drink
- 2-4 tbs organic rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp agar Agar and 1/4 cup warm water)
- Add the 3/4 cup walnuts, 1 cup dates, 1 tsp melted coconut oil, 1/4 cup desiccated coconut and a pinch of Himalayan rock salt into a food processor and blitz until all broken down and combined.
- Line the bottom of the mini spring form pans with baking paper.
- Divide the mixture in half and press into each pan, forming the base of the tarts.
- In a small pot add 1 tsp agar agar and 1/4 cup warm water, stir and leave to soak while you make the cashew layer.
- For the cashew layer, add the 1/2 cup cashew nuts (soaked overnight), 2 tbs coconut cream, 4-6 tbs organic rice malt syrup, 1/4 tsp vanilla paste, pinch of Himalayan rock salt and 1/2 cup coconut milk into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Bring the pot with agar in to a boil on a medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute.
- Add the cashew layer and allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Once the mixture has become quite thick, removed from the heat and pour even quantities into each mini spring form pan. Place into the fridge to set.
- For the CHIA layer, rinse out the pot and repeat as above. Add 1 tsp Agar Agar and 1/4 cup warm water, stir and leave to soak for a few minutes.
- Bring the pot to a boil on a medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute.
- Add the 3/4 CHIA drink and rice malt syrup and allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly. The Agar Agar seems to lessen the sweetness, so be sure to add extra rice malt syrup if you have a very sweet tooth
- Remove from the heat and pour into each mini spring form pan, ensuring that the cashew layer has set enough to hold the CHIA layer.
- Place in the fridge and allow to set overnight. Placing in the freezer is also an option, but it does seem to form water crystals in the cashew layer, which aren’t smooth.
- Remove once fully set and serve cold.